PARTITION IN COMPUTER AND WHAT ARE ITS USES?
earlier in the post I have discussed how to install android nougat in redmi1s. the uses of creating a partition are to store file data etc. and one of the main reason for creating the partition in hard disk is supposed you want to install another operating in your computer i.e Android but you don have enough space on ‘c” drive than in that case it is necessary to create partition.
HOW TO CREATE or Extend PARTITION IN HARD DISK?
creating a partition on the hard disk is as simple as you change channels on your television
steps for creating the partition on your hard drive
- go to my computer on your desktop
- right click on my computer
- click on manage then it will open computer management
- click on storage and then click on disk management
- you can see the partition of your hard disk
- for creating the partition right click on any of the partition where enough space is available
- click on shrink volume
- enter the amount you want to shrink (i.e the amount of space you want separate from the drive)
- click on shrink and you will see one path have been created with path name unallocated.
- right click on unallocated and click on new simple volume and dashboard will appear i.e New simple volume wizard
- click on next and again dashboard appear just click on next
- now the dashboard appear i.e assign drive letter or path
- choose the name according to you wish i.e d, e,f,g,h or whatever it may be and click on next
- format partition dashboard appears
- click on the format this volume with the following setting. choose file system- NTFS, Allocation file size- default and tick on perform a quick format and click on next and then click on finish.
hurray, the drive has been formatted and new volume partition has been successfully created.
how to delete a partition and extend the volume of a drive in the hard disk.
(i) Right click on new volume or the partition you have created or which you want to delete.before deleting or formatting the partition is better to back up your data.
(ii)click on delete volume and click on yes.
(iii)volume has been successfully deleted and then choose the drive in which you want to increase space.
(iv)right click and dashboard appear extend volume wizard just click on next and again click on next and click on finish.
(v)now you will see a volume of the drive has been successfully increased.
if you face any problems then comment below.